产品展示

  • 首页
  • 产品展示
  • LEP-为何能听懂英语 却说不出来?

LEP-为何能听懂英语 却说不出来?

2025-03-31 22:42:09


Hello everyone!

大家好!

This is the 8-minute English podcast series on the Learn English Podcast channel.

这是英语学习播客频道推出的“八分钟英语播客”系列节目。

Did you notice today's video is over 8 minutes long?

你们注意到今天的视频时长超过了 8 分钟了吗?

Don't be too surprised — this is a special episode to thank all our loyal viewers of the Learn English Podcast!

别太惊讶——这是一期为了感谢英语学习播客频道的所有忠实观众而制作特别节目!

I am Nathan, your host, and I am happy to be here today.

我是主持人内森,很高兴今天能在这里。

Today, let's talk about a really popular topic: "I can understand English, but I can't speak." Does this sound familiar?

今天,我们来聊聊一个非常热门的话题:“我能听懂英语,但我说不出来。”这听起来是不是很熟悉呢?

You watch movies, listen to songs, or even follow podcasts like this one, and you think: "Yes, I understand what they're saying! I know these words!" Maybe you even know what they mean in your own language.

你看电影、听歌曲,甚至收听像我们这样的播客,然后你会想:“是的,我能听懂他们在说什么!这些单词我都认识!”也许你甚至能用自己的母语理解它们的意思。

But then someone asks you a question in English, or you try to speak.

但是,有人用英语问你问题,或者你试着开口说英语。

Suddenly it feels impossible.

突然间,你觉得似乎说不出口。

Your brain freezes like it hits a pause button.

你的大脑就像按下了暂停键一样,一片空白。

The words you know, where did they go?

那些你认识的单词,都跑到哪里去了呢?

You feel stuck, frustrated, even shy.

你感到困顿、沮丧,甚至还会觉得害羞。

Why does this happen?

为什么出现这种情况?

Understanding English and speaking it are different skills.

听懂英语和说英语是两种不同的技能。

Speaking takes more than just knowing the words — it takes practice, courage, and patience.

说英语可不只是认识单词那么简单——它需要练习、勇气和耐心。

So today, we're going to explore this problem and how to move past it.

所以今天,我们要探讨一下这个问题,以及如何克服它。

Make sure to check out our episode PDF, which is filled with tips and useful vocabulary to support your English learning journey!

别忘了查看我们这期节目的 PDF 文档,里面有很多小贴士和有用的词汇,有助你的英语学习之旅!

Now, are you ready?

你们准备好了吗?

Let's dive in!

我们开始吧!

The first reason is you're not speaking enough.

第一个原因是你说得不够多。

Think about this: you've probably watched tons of movies, listened to podcasts, or read English subtitles.

想想看:你可能阅片无数,听过很多播客,或者看过很多英文字幕。

But when's the last time you spoke out loud?

但你上一次大声说英语是什么时候呢?

Speaking is like a muscle, if you don't use it, it stays weak.

说英语就像锻炼肌肉,如果你不经常用,它就会一直很弱。

You might understand every word in a Netflix show, but when it's time to say something yourself?

你可能能听懂奈飞上影片里的每一个单词,但当轮到你自己说点什么的时候呢?

Your brain panics.

你的大脑会恐慌。

Second, you're probably afraid of messing up.

第二个原因,你可能害怕犯错。

Imagine this: you're in a coffee shop.

想象一下:你在一家咖啡店。

You want to order in English.

你想用英语点餐。

You know exactly how to say, "I'd like a cappuccino, please." But then, the fear kicks in.

你清楚地知道怎么说 “请给我来一杯卡布奇诺”。但紧接着,恐惧就涌上心头。

"What if they don't understand me? What if I sound silly?" That fear is like a big wall, stopping you from speaking.

“要是他们听不懂我说的话怎么办?要是我说得听起来很傻怎么办?”这种恐惧就像一堵高墙,阻止你开口说英语。

And third, you're probably stuck in your first language.

第三个原因,你可能被困在母语思维里了。

Many learners think in their first language, then translate into English.

很多学习者会先用母语思考,然后再翻译成英语。

This takes time and can make sentences sound unnatural.

这很花时间,而且会让句子听起来不自然。

For example, in some languages, "How old are you?" might translate as "What is your age?" When you translate directly, it can confuse you.

比如,在一些语言里,“你多大了?” 可能会被翻译成“你的年龄是什么?”当你直接翻译的时候,就可能会把自己弄糊涂。

The good news? This isn't forever.

完美真人官网下载

不过好消息是,这种情况不会一直持续下去。

With practice, you'll find your voice.

通过练习,你会找到自己说英语的感觉。

I'll talk about this in the next part of the podcast.

我会在本期播客的下一环节谈到这一点。

First, and most importantly: speak, even if it's not perfect.

首先,也是最重要的一点:开口说英语,即使说得不完美。

I know, you might be thinking, "But what if I say something wrong?" Let me stop you right there.

我知道,你可能在想,“但如果我说错了什么怎么办?”让我在这里打断你一下。

The goal isn't to speak perfect English, it's to get your message across.

我们的目标不是要说一口完美的英语,而是要把你的意思表达清楚。

Just think of babies learning to talk for the first time.

想想那些第一次学说话的婴儿。

Do they start with perfect grammar?

他们一开始说的话语法就很完美吗?

No! They say things like "want cookie," and guess what?

不是的!他们会说像 “要饼干” 这样的话,你猜怎么着?

People still understand them.

人们还是能明白他们的意思。

Why does this work?

为什么这样行得通呢?

Because speaking, even with mistakes, trains your brain to put words together faster.

说英语即便出错,也能锻炼大脑,使其更迅速地组合单词。

It helps you build fluency over time.

随着时间的推移,它能帮助你建立流利的口语。

There's the Input Hypothesis by a researcher Stephen Krashen.

研究员斯蒂芬・克拉申提出过 “输入假说”。

It suggests that language learners improve faster by focusing on meaning and communication rather than perfect grammar.

该假说表明,语言学习者通过关注意思和交流,而不是完美的语法,能够更快地取得进步。

So now, how to do it?

那么现在,该怎么做呢?

Just start small.

就从小处开始。

Practice simple sentences like, "I like pizza," or "I went to the park." Then, you can build from there.

练习一些简单的句子,比如 “我喜欢披萨”,或者 “我去了公园”。然后,你可以在此基础上继续提高。

The more you speak, the easier it gets.

你说得越多,就会越容易。

Next, it's shadowing native speakers.

接下来,是模仿母语为英语的人说话。

This is a really fun one.

这是一个非常有趣的方法。

A lot of people have followed this method and made a lot of progress in their journey.

很多人都采用了这个方法,并且在他们的学习过程中取得了很大的进步。

Here's how it works.

具体是这样操作的。

Just listen to a native speaker and immediately repeat what they say, copying their tone, rhythm, and pronunciation.

只要听一个母语为英语的人说话,然后马上重复他们说的话,模仿他们的语气、节奏和发音。

Just think of it like being their echo.

就把自己想象成他们的回声。

So why does this work?

那么为什么这个方法有效呢?

It's all about muscle memory.

这都和肌肉记忆有关。

Your mouth and tongue get used to forming the sounds of English.

你的嘴巴和舌头会习惯发出英语的音。

Plus, you will have the chance to learn how real conversations flow.

另外,你将有机会学习真实的对话是如何展开的。

Here's a real-life example: pick a short clip from your favorite movie or podcast.

这里有一个真实的例子:从你最喜欢的电影或播客中选一个小片段。

Play it, repeat it, and try to sound exactly like the speaker.

重复播放,并试着发出与说话者一模一样的声音。

Even one minute a day can make a big difference.

即使每天只练习一分钟,也会有很大的不同。

Let's move on to another trick.

我们接着说另一个技巧。

This is what many people overlook: practice speaking alone.

这是很多人都会忽略的一点:独自练习说英语。

I get it, you might feel silly talking to yourself.

我明白,你可能觉得和自己说话很傻。

But trust me, it works.

但相信我,这很有用。

Just start by describing your day.

就从描述你的一天开始。

For example, "This morning, I had breakfast. I ate eggs and toast." Or look around you and name objects: "This is a chair. It's brown." Let me explain why this helps.

例如,“今天早上,我吃了早餐。我吃了鸡蛋和吐司。”或者看看你周围,说出物体的名称:“这是一把椅子,它是棕色的。”让我解释一下为什么这会有帮助。

Speaking alone removes the pressure of speaking to someone else.

独自说英语消除了和别人说话时的压力。

You can practice forming sentences at your own pace.

你可以按照自己的节奏练习造句。

LEP-为何能听懂英语 却说不出来?

It's like training for a race without an audience.

这就像是在没有观众的情况下为比赛进行训练。

I have a friend learning English who used to talk to her plants every day.

我有一个学英语的朋友,她以前每天都和她的植物说话。

"Hello, plant! You look happy today." Sounds funny, right?

“你好呀,小植物!你今天看起来很开心呢。” 听起来很有趣,对吧?

But her speaking improved so much because she practiced every day, without fear of judgment.

但她的口语水平提高了很多,因为她每天都练习,而且不用担心被别人说。

Let's talk about some important words related to this episode's topic.

我们来谈谈与今天这一期话题相关的一些重要单词。

'Speak up' is the first phrase.

第一个短语是“speak up”。

It means to talk louder or express your thoughts clearly.

它的意思是大声说,或者清楚地表达你的想法。

lf someone says, "l can't hear you," they might ask you to speak up.

如果有人说 “我听不见你说话”,他们可能会让你大声点说。

This is helpful when practicing speaking, especially if you're shy.

这在练习说英语的时候很有用,尤其是在你害羞的时候。

The second one is 'Get stuck . ' When you get stuck, you have difficulty continuing with what you're saying.

第二个是“get stuck”。当你 “get stuck” 的时候,你就很难继续说下去。

This often happens when you forget a word, don't know how to express an idea, or feel anxious.

这经常发生在你忘记一个单词、不知道如何表达一个想法,或者感到焦虑的时候。

Let's move on with 'Pick up . ' To pick up a language means to learn it naturally by hearing and using it often.

接下来是“pick up”。学会一门语言意味着通过经常听和使用它来自然地学习它。

It means you have frequent contact with it through listening, watching, or even practicing in real life.

这个短语的意思是你通过听、看,甚至在现实生活中练习,频繁地接触这门语言。

'Get the message across' is another useful phrase.

另一个有用的短语是“get the message across”。

This means to communicate your idea clearly, even if it's not perfect.

这个短语的意思是清楚地传达你的想法,即使表达得不是很完美。

When you speak, focus on helping the other person understand you instead of worrying about small grammar mistakes.

当你说话的时候,专注于让对方理解你,而不是担心小的语法错误。

People care more about your meaning than perfect language.

人们更在意你表达的意思,而不是完美的语言。

Finally, we have 'Step out of your comfort zone'.

最后,我们来说说“step out of your comfort zone”。

This means doing something that feels new, challenging and unfamiliar.

这个短语的意思是做一些让你感觉新鲜、有挑战性且不熟悉的事情。

You can feel scary, but trying new things helps you grow and learn.

这可能会让你感到害怕,但尝试新事物能帮助你成长和学习。

The more you step out of your comfort zone, the more confident you'll become.

你越走出自己的舒适区,就会变得越自信。

Let's move on with today's topic.

让我们继续今天的话题。

Let's be honest: learning individual words is great, but when it's time to speak, do you ever feel stuck?

实话实说:学习单个的单词是很好,但当要开口说英语的时候,你有没有觉得卡住了呢?

That's because words only don't flow naturally in real conversations.

这是因为在真实的对话中,仅仅是单词并不能自然地连贯起来。

Instead, you can focus on learning phrases — chunks of language that people use every day.

相反,你可以专注于学习短语——人们每天使用的语言片段。

For example, instead of memorizing "help," learn a complete phrase like, "Can you help me with this?" Or instead of "think," practice saying, "What do you think about... ?" These phrases come up again and again in conversations, so they're much easier to recall when you need them.

比如,不要只记住 “help(帮助)” 这个单词,而是学习一个完整的短语,比如 “Can you help me with this?(你能帮我处理这个吗?)”或者,不要只记住 “think(思考)”,而是练习说 “What do you think about...?(你觉得…… 怎么样?)”这些短语在对话中会反复出现,所以当你需要它们的时候,更容易想起来。

Research supports this approach.

研究也支持这种方法。

Studies from applied linguistics show that learning in "chunks" boosts fluency because your brain doesn't need to create sentences from scratch.

应用语言学的研究表明,以 “语言片段” 的方式学习能提高流利度,因为你的大脑不需要从头开始构造句子。

It's like having ready-made building blocks!

这就像是有了现成的积木一样!

Just practice these phrases in real situations — at the store, asking directions, or chatting about the weather.

只需在真实情境中练习这些短语——在商店里、问路时,或者聊天气。

I know speaking English can feel scary, especially with strangers.

我知道说英语可能会让人感到害怕,尤其是和陌生人说的时候。

But what if you start small?

但要是你从小事做起呢?

Speak with people you're comfortable with, like friends, family, or even other learners.

和让你感到自在的人说英语,比如朋友、家人,甚至是其他学英语的人。

Low-pressure situations allow you to focus on building confidence instead of worrying about mistakes.

低压力的情境能让你专注于建立自信,而不是担心犯错。

Remember, fluency doesn't happen overnight — it's like exercising a muscle.

记住,流利的口语不是一朝一夕就能练成的——这就像锻炼肌肉一样。

Start with short, simple exchanges, like ordering coffee or greeting someone, and work your way up.

从简短、简单的交流开始,比如点咖啡或者和人打招呼,然后逐步提升。

Apps like HelloTalk, Tandem or Speaky are also fantastic for finding conversation partners.

像 HelloTalk、Tandem 或者 Speaky 这样的应用程序,对于寻找对话伙伴来说也非常棒。

They connect you with learners or native speakers who are just as eager to chat.

它们能把你和同样渴望聊天的学习者或母语为英语的人联系起来。

And the best part? You're all in the same boat, so there's no judgment.

最棒的是,你们都处于同样的境地,所以不会有人评判你。

Here's the key: The more you practice, the more natural speaking will feel.

关键是:你练习得越多,说英语就会感觉越自然。

Here's another tip to help you speak English better, which lies in listening.

这里还有一个能帮助你更好地说英语的建议,那就是多听。

If you want to speak better, first, you need to listen better.

如果你想说得更好,首先,你需要听得更好。

Active listening helps you learn sentence structure, expressions, and responses.

积极地听能帮助你学习句子结构、表达方式和回应方式。

Here's what to do: Watch podcasts, TV shows, or YouTube videos where people speak naturally.

具体要这样做:观看播客、电视节目或 YouTube 视频,里面的人们说话很自然。

Pause and repeat lines you hear.

暂停并重复你听到的台词。

Pay attention to intonation, rhythm, and sentence patterns.

注意语调、节奏和句子模式。

For example, notice how someone says, "Really? That's amazing!" versus "Really? Are you sure?" The tone changes everything.

比如,注意一下有人说 “真的吗?太神奇了!” 和 “真的吗?你确定吗?” 时的区别。语调能改变一切。

Researchers believe that imitation trains your brain to think like a native speaker.

研究人员认为,模仿能训练你的大脑像母语为英语的人那样思考。

When you mimic real conversations. You're rewiring your brain to process English faster and more naturally.

当你模仿真实的对话时,你在重新训练你的大脑,让它能更快、更自然地处理英语。

So don't just listen! Copy what you hear.

所以不要只是听!模仿你听到的内容。

Finally, let's talk about fear.

最后,我们来谈谈恐惧。

Many understand English but hesitate to speak, afraid of mistakes.

很多人能理解英语,但在说英语时会犹豫,害怕犯错。

Remember: mistakes show you're learning.

记住:犯错说明你在学习。

Like children fall before walking, errors help you grow.

就像孩子在学会走路之前会摔倒一样,错误能帮助你成长。

People value effort over perfection.

人们更看重努力,而不是完美。

Here is the quote that I love: "Confidence comes not from being perfect, but from trying anyway." So, focus on getting your message across, not perfect grammar.

这里有一句我很喜欢的话:“自信不是来自于完美,而是来自于无论如何都去尝试。”所以,专注于把你的意思表达清楚,而不是追求完美的语法。

And now let's review some useful phrases that we listen to.

现在让我们回顾一下我们听到的一些有用的短语。

First, we have 'Take time'.

首先是 “take time”。

To take time means you need patience to do things.

“take time”的意思是你做事情需要有耐心。

Learning something important, like a language, doesn't happen quickly.

学习一些重要的东西,比如一门语言,不会一蹴而就。

It takes time, so don't worry if it takes weeks or months to improve.

这需要时间,所以如果需要几周甚至几个月才能取得进步,也别担心。

'Move on' is another phrase worth learning.

“move on”是另一个值得学习的短语。

To move on means to continue to the next topic or step.

“move on” 的意思是继续下一个话题或步骤。

When you finish something, it's important to let it go and focus on what's next.

当你完成某件事情时,放下它并专注于接下来的事情是很重要的。

lt's a way of saying,"Let's keep going." Next, we have 'Work your way up'.

这是一种说“我们继续吧”的方式。接下来是 “work your way up”。

This means to improve step by step.

这个短语的意思是逐步提高。

You might start with easy things and then slowly try harder things as you get better.

你可能从简单的事情开始,然后随着你能力的提升,慢慢尝试更难的事情。

It's all about making progress at your own pace.

这一切都是按照你自己的节奏取得进步。

What about 'In the same boat'?

还有“in the same boat”这个短语呢?

This expression means sharing the same situation or problem as others.

这个表达的意思是和别人处于同样的情况或面临同样的问题。

It reminds you that you're not alone, and many people face the same challenges.

它提醒你,你不是一个人,很多人都面临着同样的挑战。

And lastly, we have 'Pay attention to'.

最后是 “pay attention to”。

This phrase means to put your focus on something.

这个短语的意思是把你的注意力集中在某件事情上。

When you pay attention, you notice details that help you understand or learn better.

当你集中注意力时,你会注意到一些细节,这些细节能帮助你更好地理解或学习。

It's a way to remind yourself to be mindful.

这是一种提醒自己要留心的方式。

And that's the end for today's episode.

今天的节目就到这里。

What do you feel about today's podcast?

你们觉得今天的播客怎么样?

Did it bring you any new discovery or insight?

它有没有给你带来一些新的发现或见解呢?

Feel free to share your thought with us in the comments!

欢迎在评论中与我们分享你的想法!

We'd love to hear your opinions.

我们很想听听你们的意见。

We hope this episode gave you helpful tips for practicing English.

我们希望这一期节目能给你提供一些练习英语的有用建议。

Remember, it's not about being perfect, but getting better.

记住,重点不是要做到完美,而是要不断进步。

Thank you so much for tuning in, and see you next time!

非常感谢大家的收听,我们下期再见!